Saturday, March 13, 2010

When right looks wrong


Gideon is the son of a friend of mine. He is two years old. The other day, little Gideon toodled around in his fireman's hat at my house eating a tiny apple he picked off our tree. When questioned by his mother on his thoughts about firemen he looked at me and said seriously, "Bad guys."

His mother explained that they had recently watched a bunch of firemen burn down a house.

They set the house on fire.

They broke the windows with axes.

They sat back and watched the house burn to the ground.

In Gideon's mind they were bad guys.


They must have been.

Right?

We know that it was a controlled burn, but to Giddy's mind it was just plain wrong!

My friend shared how this had struck her in regards to our situation. She prayed, "God, do we say you are bad when we really just don't understand what You are doing?"

It reminded me of the March 6th Streams in the Desert. The verse is from Luke 24:21 "We trusted".

Lord, may we continue to trust in you despite the perceived crumbling, tearing or burning down of so many things that we hold dear. 

4 comments:

Trisomy 13 Life with Natalia ~ Transformed by Love said...

Beautiful Blog, I'll share with our LWT13 Treasured Memory Families

Jessica said...

Very thought provoking post. Thank you for sharing.

Hannah said...

My friend just gave me that book. Thank you for your post...great reminder.

Debra said...

Hannah,

I absolutely LOVE Streams in the Desert. It seems annointed.

Let me know how you like it.

Debra